Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sesame Street's the Real Deal

I remember watching Sesame Street when I was little, and I remember the wild Tickle Me Elmo craze, but even then, the idea of kids loving Sesame Street didn't quite sink in. That was until recently. Sesame Street has quickly become the show for George. It is his one hour a day to solve letter mysteries and talk, literally have a conversation, with the famous Elmo. I have been completely taken back with just how much he loves his sixty minutes of cartoon-muppet-delight. This morning while Elmo spoke on the screen, King George danced around with his own rockin' Elmo and proceeded to give his furry, red friend loud kisses. He will probably hate me some day for that last sentence. George also began stripping his pants off and on during a "How to Put Your Pants On" number. There is no doubt that the people at Sesame Street have definitely capitalized on their popularity, but I had no idea just how much kids really enjoy the characters and their crazy everyday situations. Who knows what George will enjoy tomorrow? Maybe another migrating attempt from Big Bird or maybe Dorothy will actually surprise us with a few words. One thing I do know is that a blond-haired boy with doe-blue eyes will be tuning in.

No comments:

Post a Comment